OUR PRIVATE EQUITY PRACTICE
Known for our superior judgement and expertise, we are a trusted strategic communications advisor to private equity firms and their portfolio companies. Widely recognized for our strong media relationships, excellent writing capabilities and deep bench of seasoned communications strategists, we work as partners with our private equity clients, providing strategic positioning, media training, media relations, leadership visibility and online reputation management.
We are the preferred partner of choice for private equity firms and private investment companies. Here is why:
- We have a thorough understanding of private equity.
- We have deep experience with the capital markets.
- We are known for creating quality narratives that last.
- We know how to get ahead of the news.
- We know how to make our clients stand out.
As a full-service, independent public relations firm, The Hubbell Group has a long track record of working closely with private equity firms and other private investment companies, extensive experience with their portfolio companies across multiple sectors and proficiency in the relevant issues.
WHAT GUIDES OUR PRIVATE EQUITY PRACTICE
We have assisted private equity firms with their communications and are well-versed in the intricacies of their priorities, their operations and their focus on investors and other stakeholders.
We have a comprehensive understanding of the capital markets gained through clients such as CIBC World Markets, Fidelity Capital Markets, PNC, RBC Capital Markets and State Street.
- We assist private equity firms in communicating with diverse stakeholders including limited partners, lenders and bond issuers, regulators, the media and portfolio company employees and customers.
- Our focus on private equity begins with providing communications counsel for new fund launches and outreach to prospective limited partners, helping private equity firms define and differentiate themselves from their competitors.
- We raise the profile of private equity firms among deal-sourcing entities, improving the flow of prospective deals by spotlighting how firms can generate value.
- We focus on maximizing the value of deal announcements including investments, divestitures, add-ons and roll-ups.
- We assist private equity firms with driving the value of their portfolio companies, communicating the success of turnarounds, announcing add-ons and new product launches, securing and announcing awards and raising awareness of how the general partners have added value to the portfolio.
- We provide communications counsel and support for developments at portfolio companies, including changes in leadership and at the board level.
- We are experts in exit communications strategies, having worked extensively with IPOs, SPACs and other offerings that are used to exit positions in portfolio companies, communicating successful investments and the value that has been generated for limited partners.
- We make private equity partners leaders in their field by showcasing their intellectual capital through op-eds and bylined articles, whitepapers and studies and speeches and presentations.
Experienced Team of Highly-Skilled Professionals
Our private equity team is composed of senior practitioners who have an average of more than 20 years of experience not only in public relations but also in such relevant fields as financial services, law, journalism and government. Their diverse skills and experience enable us to work effectively with private equity firms facing diverse challenges in all aspects of their operations.
The Services We Provide
|Online Reputation Management
|Portfolio Company Communications and Publicity
|Crisis Prevention, Mitigation and Support
|Labor Communications and Publicity
Strategies That Work
|Qualified Retail Investors
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY ABOUT US
“As a private equity firm which invests in a diverse range of industries, we needed a public relations firm that can understand complex situations, develop and execute a communications plan and help us gain the visibility we need. Connie Hubbell and her team have been successful at translating complicated ideas into effective messages, reaching credible media and helping us connect with our target audiences.” – Steve Rosen, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Resilience Capital Partners
“I had the opportunity to work with The Hubbell Group on the restructuring of one of the country’s largest skilled nursing and senior living providers. The firm consistently provided intelligent guidance, strategic counsel and with razor-sharp focus. They are a team of highly savvy, experienced professionals who know how to communicate effectively, and with care, to multiple constituencies and stakeholders.” – David Friend, M.D., Chief Advisor of Restructuring at SCALE Physician Group; formerly Chief Transformation Officer, BDO Center for Healthcare Excellence & Innovation
“In my role as Global Head of Communications for RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) Capital Markets and RBC Investor & Treasury Services, Hubbell Group provided best-in-class, original thought leadership expertise for our company over a period of several years. Their counsel was consistently excellent at the C-level suite as well as in support of me in many areas, including on a variety of white papers and worldwide studies and surveys of global significance, as well as crisis communications/reputation management.” – Kevin Foster, Head of Corporate Communications, the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia; formerly, Global Head of Communications, RBC (Royal Bank of Canada)